This issimple and mouthwatering spicy stir-fried bhindi made from tomato, chick peas ,and typical Indian curry ingredients. Okra is an amazing vegetable, not onlydoes it taste good but it’s also rich in folic acid and vitamin B6 and alsoit’s a low calorie vegetable. Greenchilies 3 No. (Slit lengthwise) Tomatoes 1 no (cut into cubes) Garammasala powder ½ Tsp. Fennelpowder(optional) ¼ Tsp.
- Snip offstems of Okra. Cut them into 2 to 2 1/2'' pieces.
- Sprinklelittle salt and corn flour over them and toss , keep aside.
- Heat theoil in a pan and shallow fry the okras, till crisp and keep aside.
- In meantime combine all masala powders and mix them well. Keep aside.
- Heat theoil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cumin and fennel seedsand fry for a second.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, chick peas and Masalaspowders and cover the pan and cook for a few minutes until tomatoes becomesoft. Stir if needed to avoid the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Addfried bhindi (okra) and mix gently. Keep on heat for two minutes and thenremove the pan.
- Servehot with chapatti or roti.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: